The following modules are based on the first chapters of a practical handbook of direct seeding on permanent soil cover in Madagascar, originally published in French in 2009. Although this handbook focuses on Madagascar, the principles and the processes described have a much broader scope and can be used worldwide.
By: Olivier Husson, Lucien Séguy, Hubert Charpentier, Serge Bouzinac, Roger Michellon, André Chabanne, Stéphane Boulakia, Florent Tivet, Krishna Naudin, Frank Enjalric, Stéphane Chabierski, Pierson Rakotondralambo, Ignace Ramaroson, Rakotondramanana.
- Module 2 The model of the rainforest ecosystem,
- Module 3 Drivers of conservation agriculture for a sustainable production and
- Module 4 Conceptual model of DMC systems from the course NAME are required.
The courses Soil organic matter, Soil organisms and Soil aggregation are helpful but not necessary.
- explain how agricultural practices in DMC systems contribute to build a healthy soil for sustainable crop production.
- explain the reasons why conventional plough-based agriculture leads to soil degradation and decreasing crop productivity.